Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Anyone feeling adventurous?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Anyone feeling adventurous?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 03:19 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I went ahead and put some batteries in mine, just to see what's what, only to find that it's not fully functional. There are three buttons across the back of the turret for sound effects and turret rotation, and one of them doesn't work. I have no turret rotation, no Cannon sound, and it's definitely not a metal tank so that gives me an excuse to go to PayPal and say I want my money back. When the package arrived there was a u.s. return address on the package so if they want me to send it back it shouldn't cost me more than $20. Probably closer to $10, which means I will get 50 of my $60 back. But you have to be careful doing this kind of thing because PayPal will only let you get away with it so many times and then they will close your account. So far I've only had one issue that I had to go to PayPal for so I'm still safe in that regard, but knowing that that's the way it is I'm a little hesitant to waste one of my return opportunities. But that probably won't stop me, and I'll probably call PayPal tonight and ask for my money back.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:40 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

I would, what you got is pretty far from what they showed, but then I knew you were not going to get an Aeromate for that price, couldn't even buy the tires for the asking price..
Old 10-25-2019, 04:42 AM
Shorty54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang! No natural Pearls in the box either for ya Gary, lol

Shad
Old 10-25-2019, 05:08 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

That was a great video, thanks for the laughs. I would of never guessed on the wheels
Old 10-25-2019, 05:40 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
I went ahead and put some batteries in mine, just to see what's what, only to find that it's not fully functional. There are three buttons across the back of the turret for sound effects and turret rotation, and one of them doesn't work. I have no turret rotation, no Cannon sound, and it's definitely not a metal tank so that gives me an excuse to go to PayPal and say I want my money back. When the package arrived there was a u.s. return address on the package so if they want me to send it back it shouldn't cost me more than $20. Probably closer to $10, which means I will get 50 of my $60 back. But you have to be careful doing this kind of thing because PayPal will only let you get away with it so many times and then they will close your account. So far I've only had one issue that I had to go to PayPal for so I'm still safe in that regard, but knowing that that's the way it is I'm a little hesitant to waste one of my return opportunities. But that probably won't stop me, and I'll probably call PayPal tonight and ask for my money back.
Paypal will refund you the shipping too, you have to send a pic of the ticket.
Also i think you can do this like 4 times a year or so. Hope it helps.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:56 AM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Crius
You are not alone when it comes to getting a tank like that. I have bought four of those "too good to be true" little devils. They make great targets for a BB gun (or bigger) anti tank gun!
Old 10-25-2019, 09:56 AM
Crius

I hear ya, Rex, but something tells me that you're "BB" gun was more like a .30-06.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:57 AM
Crius

And whether I get my money back or not, I've had a lot of fun with this thread and if nothing else, we exposed at least one of the scammers out there.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:02 AM
dgsselkirk

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the laughs Gary!
Old 10-25-2019, 03:09 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

You are such a good sport Gary!!! Thanks for sharing your video.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:41 PM
Crius

Well, as expected, I just got a full refund from PayPal. It took a couple of phone calls and a couple of emails and it definitely helps that I have a little experience with this and kind of know my way around the PayPal system. The seller is being investigated and I provided several good Clues to the people at PayPal to indicate that they're running a scam. PayPal can't divulge any information from their investigation but I talked to a very nice gentleman named Daniel, the guy that refunded my money, and he told me to occasionally check the internet for their ad and see if they still offer PayPal. If the PayPal option disappears that's a good indication that PayPal investigated and has removed them from their platform. Jerry, I sent you a private message and this is kind of a follow-up to that. It's been kind of an adventure and I've had some fun with it and I hope that some of you guys found it entertaining as well. Just another day in the RC tank community.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:56 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

There's a new company( at least in name) running the same deceptive advert. "CozyBuy"

Complete with testimonials.German TigerⅠ Metal Remote Control Tank - free shipping

Last edited by Tanque; 11-10-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:50 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

If you buy 5 of them you get 30% off the price.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:02 PM
Panzer222

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the entertainment guys!
Old 11-16-2019, 12:45 PM
Crius

They're now advertising this scam right here at RCU. When I bring up RCU on my phone I see that ad for the all metal King Tiger and it says it's $59.95 and 50% off.

I've also found it at a site called Aristchoose, and they also have what looks like the same scam but with an RC aircraft.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:37 AM
Crius

So now they're also after the RC aircraft guys, with an item that they call the Phantom RC fighter and they say it lists at $299 but you can have it for $45.90 with free shipping. I'm afraid I'm not brave enough to try this one out, maybe somebody else will have a shot at this one.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:14 PM
Tanque

I hope somehow these guys are stopped. Those of us who decided to give them a try for the heck of it knew better and went in with eyes open.

My concern is those persons on the fence about starting a new hobby will see this and believe it to be an inexpensive way to begin and get burned by it
souring them to the hobby altogether. The seller (or sellers) behind these scams are clearly misleading people or trying to.To a parent searching for a
Christmas gift or young person starting out this sort of thing is bad news. The crap they will have delivered isn't even worthy of a five and dime store...

And here I thought we'd see PanTigers finally closed out at fire-sale prices! Were their customers to be that lucky....

Jerry
Old 11-20-2019, 07:34 AM
jim2955

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not see this post and also bought one of these tanks. I knew from the description that it was going to be some kind of scam also but though what the hell who cares its 59 bucks. I also paid through Paypal so I know I can get my money back. The one I bought from had customer reviews and the tank the customer reviews were for was a Heng Long Bulldog and for 59 bucks I will take one of those I hope that's what they send me , but I am sure I will get this tinny tank instead , lol.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:48 AM
Tanque

Originally Posted by jim2955
.....though what the hell who cares its 59 bucks. .......
That's exactly why these scams take root.... My claim with PayPal is still pending, for me it's equal parts wanting my money back and
blowing the whistle on scams like this.

Jerry
Old 11-20-2019, 09:28 AM
Crius

Jerry you should go online to PayPal to the contact us part and get the one-time passcode and then call them. Just tell them you're calling to check and see what's going on, but if you're lucky, like I was, you'll get a sympathetic PayPal employee and you'll get your money back right on the spot. That's what happened to me, and the money has already been credited back to the credit card I used to pay through PayPal. And for anyone else that has experienced this, make sure you tell the people at PayPal that this scam is prevalent on the internet and they are using PayPal. They told me they were going to start an investigation but since this scam appears at several different sites we'll need to report all of the different sites in order for PayPal to truly take action.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:56 PM
Tanque

Jerry you should go online to PayPal to the contact us part and get the one-time passcode and then call them. Just tell them you're calling to check and see what's going on, but if you're lucky, like I was, you'll get a sympathetic PayPal employee and you'll get your money back right on the spot. That's what happened to me, and the money has already been credited back to the credit card I used to pay through PayPal. And for anyone else that has experienced this, make sure you tell the people at PayPal that this scam is prevalent on the internet and they are using PayPal. They told me they were going to start an investigation but since this scam appears at several different sites we'll need to report all of the different sites in order for PayPal to truly take action.
Actually I did call them. I did get a sympathetic woman, nice pleasant to speak with however she simply said their decision is expected shortly. She said and I'd read this on the detail status page of the claim that the seller had responded to them but the nature of that response was not revealed to me. This agent I spoke with was of the opinion that this case was 'proceeding smoothly' and that it was a matter of their back office reviewing the information provided. So there it is. No one else has contacted me. I've not yet been asked to return this thing; it remains in exactly the same condition in which I received it, never opened by me. All I did was cut open the plastic bag it was shipped in...I had taken one look and back into the bag it did go where it has remained. So who can say what PayPal will do. Clearly I don't have your powers of persuasion John...!

Jerry
Old 11-22-2019, 03:37 AM
Crius

Okay, first, my friend, my name is Gary, not John. And I do know that I tend to have a little bit more success than others with this sort of thing. Whenever I get a female on the line at someplace like PayPal or Ebay, the first thing I do is tell them a little joke, why can't men catch mad cow disease? Because men are pigs. Then they laugh, then they like me, then they help me. I think you'll be okay in the end, and I really hope that you get your money back. It just pains me to see that same scam at so many other sites on the web. The site Aristchoose appears to be a scam throughout the entire site.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:28 AM
Tanque

Okay, first, my friend, my name is Gary, not John. And I do know that I tend to have a little bit more success than others with this sort of thing. Whenever I get a female on the line at someplace like PayPal or Ebay, the first thing I do is tell them a little joke, why can't men catch mad cow disease? Because men are pigs. Then they laugh, then they like me, then they help me. I think you'll be okay in the end, and I really hope that you get your money back. It just pains me to see that same scam at so many other sites on the web. The site Aristchoose appears to be a scam throughout the entire site.
Ooops, sorry Gary.... I'm admittedly the chitz with names.... It seems PayPal may come through with a refund after all. It took some calls, a very nice young lady with a beautiful name (I told her so in fact) and there it is. She was very nice.... I wasn't sure what was going to happen.

I'm reluctant to give that abomination that was sent to us even as a gift because I would hate to have some young person get the wrong idea as to what the hobby is about... I'm thinking of keeping it as a warning to others; Perhaps I should create a 'known scams' page on my website and lead with this thing.

The woman I spoke with did say that if they receive a number of complaints about a particular seller they will prevent them from using PayPal which makes sense of course. PayPal doesn't want to be handing out refunds right and left and they have a reputation at stake. I don't want to see others taken in by scams like this so please if you do any transactions with fly_by_night outfits like this please report them and pressure the payment people as much as is practical...

Jerry
Old 11-26-2019, 02:22 PM
Crius

I'm not going to give it as a gift, either. I'll probably take it apart, save all the LEDs and what-not, and then turn it into a charger for the three AA ni-cad batteries that came with it.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:30 PM
Tanque

I'm not going to give it as a gift, either. I'll probably take it apart, save all the LEDs and what-not, and then turn it into a charger for the three AA ni-cad batteries that came with it.
I didn't think of it as a source of parts. I rather took it for something similar that I accidentally step on when getting out of my car...

I think we need to make it our mission in life to alert as many people as possible to their scam. I didn't tell the rest of the story earlier. That
they actually got back to PayPal and the only way I'd get a refund is to send it back to Guandong (sp?)China; this even though the thing had
been sent using a return address in New York! It would have cost more than the purchase price. That's their racket, they know no one
will do that so they keep your money and the buyer gets cr.... you know what I mean. Thankfully PayPal did it right but I really hope they kick these hucksters out and disallow them to use PayPal's services. That's why I strongly believe we owe it to all concerned to heighten awareness of crap hucksters like this.

If you look at the shipping label you'll see the return address, the weight (didn't the original ad say 2.5kg??) and value = 1.00. 1 what? 1 RMB, 1 dollar, 1 penny?

Jerry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.