Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Anyone feeling adventurous?

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Anyone feeling adventurous?

Old 10-07-2019, 09:37 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Anyone feeling adventurous?

Wanna take a chance on a pig in a poke???
You know when they say wome seems too good to be true..? Well here it is...

Jerry

Metal Remote Control Tank(50%off+freeshipping)
Old 10-07-2019, 11:06 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I'm feeling adventurous. I just ordered one, but you know I used PayPal, just in case. We'll see what happens.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:14 PM
Tanque

I went ahead and ordered one myself. I seriously doubt this is a 'metal tank'... They list the weight as 1.7 kg! Perhaps it's really 1/35 scale; you know they never specify. One promotion I was shown was a video of someone standing on a Tiger while driving it. I'm pretty sure that video and the photo of their 'factory' shown on that link I gave above has no bearing on what they are going to deliver. My luck it will be a PanTiger. which either promptly return or throw away.....They seem to Imply there are 3 different tanks they are selling but I see just the Tiger I and KT with options to specify neither so who knows what will show up...

It's an adventure!

Jerry
Old 10-07-2019, 02:42 PM
Crius

Well, I'm in it with you. It says it's 42cm, 16 in Long, I wonder if it's 1/24 scale
Old 10-07-2019, 04:54 PM
Tanque

Originally Posted by Crius
Well, I'm in it with you. It says it's 42cm, 16 in Long, I wonder if it's 1/24 scale
If they're quoting OL that's about right for a 1/24 scale something but 25cm wide and 22cm high is a bit large for most
1/24 scale tanks I believe. It's a mystery tank...

One thing I'm sure of it's not a metal Tiger I or Tiger II

I swear if it's a PanTiger I'll be so bummed. Can't recall that price for years in recent memory for a RC tank since Heng Long began peddling
their earliest Pz IIIs. I won't allow a PanTiger to set a tread down in my house...

We'll see I guess.....as I said it's an adventure.

Jerry
Old 10-08-2019, 02:50 AM
Crius

I figure for just 60 bucks it's not that big a deal, and if it turns out to be a really good deal then we're one ahead. If it turns out to be a piece of junk, well, that's why I used my American Express card through PayPal, so I'll be totally protected if I want to send it back.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:59 AM
Shorty54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its funny the pictures of the Tiger I say Heng Long right on the tank...
Maybe you guys will get luck and they will be gold plated on the inside, lol.

Enjoy,
Shad
Old 10-08-2019, 05:18 AM
Crius

I'm hoping to get one stuffed full of those natural pearls they dive for over there.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:21 AM
Shorty54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm hoping to get one stuffed full of those natural pearls they dive for over there.
You just dont strike me as the "pearl" wearing kind of guy Gary,

Shad
Old 10-08-2019, 05:46 AM
Crius

You're right, but I'm definitely a pearl "selling" kind of guy.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:02 PM
Tanque

I'd not heard much from these guys after placing an order so I did a search on their web name.
As we expected it's out of China. I also noticed, even though they were saying order, order, order as we have limited quantities
now they've lowered their price from 59 to 57 bucks. Their warning that limited quantities don't allow them to guarantee these
prices after ( pick date ) a certain date that also has changed to apparently reflect whatever date you are presently on.

I think we all suspected a rat or some type of subterfuge and in that regard I don't believe we'll be disappointed.

I found this:

https://www.scamdoc.com/view/90258

Looking up the domain name gives this result:

WHOIS search results

Domain Name: SANYHOME.SHOP
Registry Domain ID: DO4415645-GMO
Registrar WHOIS Server:
Registrar URL: https://wanwang.aliyun.com/
Updated Date: 2019-08-15T11:44:29.0Z
Creation Date: 2019-07-22T03:13:30.0Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2020-07-22T23:59:59.0Z
Registrar: Alibaba Cloud Computing Ltd.
Registrar IANA ID: 1599
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +86.95187
Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok
Registrant State/Province: guang dong
Registrant Country: CN
Registrant Email:
Admin Email:
Tech Email:
Name Server: DNS11.HICHINA.COM
Name Server: DNS12.HICHINA.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned

jerry
Old 10-13-2019, 03:08 PM
Crius

This is why I protected myself. I paid with paypal, using a credit card that doesn't have interest until next summer. If I don't see anything by about Nov 21 I'll send a message and if that doesn't get me any joy I'll call paypal. They'll most likely just issue the refund at that time, I've been using the credit card companies money all along, and I'm none the worse for wear. I'm still afraid Jerry jinxed us and a freakin' pan tiger is gonna be lurking on my porch one day.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:30 PM
Tanque

This is why I protected myself. I paid with paypal, using a credit card that doesn't have interest until next summer. If I don't see anything by about Nov 21 I'll send a message and if that doesn't get me any joy I'll call paypal. They'll most likely just issue the refund at that time, I've been using the credit card companies money all along, and I'm none the worse for wear. I'm still afraid Jerry jinxed us and a freakin' pan tiger is gonna be lurking on my porch one day.
I've been saving an M80 for just this contingency...if it's a pantiger I'll have my way with it then give away the bones

....or list it on ebay with the description "Exact scale German tank ,light use, indoors only, small parts missing"

Jerry
Old 10-13-2019, 10:09 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Here you go, folks, the deal of the century! They certainly chose an appropriate name given its "Going, going, gone!" when it comes to any funds you may send. Best of luck!

https://g-going.shop/products/german...b0VtTn-RpnCsEs
Old 10-14-2019, 02:34 AM
Crius

I got an email from them this morning. It says my tank has been shipped and they provided me with a tracking number.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:23 AM
Tanque

I got an email from them this morning. It says my tank has been shipped and they provided me with a tracking number.
Yep, same here. Tracking number indicates the mystery tank is on its way...

jerry
Old 10-15-2019, 12:35 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

PLEASE post your results here guys. I too am interested in what you will get. My guess is going to be the HL toy tank. There are a few things on that site that lead me to that conclusion:
  1. I see a HL T1 in 8th scale, HL T1 in 10th scale, and a Warslug KT for photos.... Since none of these are below 2k or so the $58 price is a bit funny, especially since the shipping alone would be a CONSIDERABLE amount more than that.
  2. The stats are completely wrong everywhere. One part says it has a 7.2V 4500mah NIMH battery while right below that (on the same screen!!) is a packing list with a 7.2V 4500 Ni-Cd. The weight is 1.7kg but a 5000mAh NIMH is around .4kg by itself which would leave the tank at a 1.3kg or 2.86lb for the model. The size is a bit off as well with dimensions coming in roughly at about 17.7x9.8x8.7" which is right around the 24th scale length, but not height and width. For reference the T1 is around 16" long just measuring the lower chassis without the barrel.
  3. This is a limited time sale for their "1th anniversary celebration" which should set of a few bells there too. If the prices were this good for a year now I think one of us eagle eye'd tankers would of found this place a long time ago.
  4. Runtime of 40 minutes on a 4500 nimh/nicd on a giant scale all metal tank.... Unless that tank rolls like butter that isn't going to happen either. Also the HL larger tanks are lipo powered, I've seen both in person myself. One of them even shoots soft foam BBs, I think that would of been mentioned too....
  5. Remote control distance of only 35-45m..... that is pretty weak actually. I know the TG system gets at least 50ish on the stock setup with no antenna placement mods, seems kinda weak for an all metal tank but we can ignore this point.
  6. 1.2hr recharge time on a 4500mAh battery means you need about a 7A charger or so. A nimh will not enjoy a fast charge. The charger needed to provide that amount of juice to charge the battery up that quickly is not a stock charger provided by any manufacturers of tanks I know of at this time. The stock TG and HL chargers are about .4A (400mAh) right now.
  7. The testing standards they tout are fake and not view-able. There is also no FCC certification I would bet but that depends on what you get (my guess below).
I think I can stop there but those are the main issues I seen when I saw the page I'm surprised you can use PP but I have been seeing a lot of scams lately even with PP where the user legitimately uses the account for selling stuff and gets PP trust up and then when payments go directly into the account without waiting they do scams like this. They add a fake tracking number or send something about the size of the item they describe so PP sees it moving in the postal system. Then it is your word against theirs. Most of the time PP sides with the buyer, just lately we have seen this scenario happen a lot.

My guess is either a HL 24th scale Leo, Pantiger, or P4. Most likely I'm gonna go with the 24th scale as that is about the going price for that item on evilbay and also on Hermill's link if you read that near the bottom it says it comes with a 9.6V 1000mAh which is also the battery packs used in those (I could be wrong here, I thought they used a 7.2V rechargeable pack?). The FCC certification I spoke of earlier will also depend on who makes it... Pretty sure HL doesn't have FCC certification on any of their new stuff as I didn't see anything in the latest box from them but that was a few months ago. I really hope you get something good though, honestly I'll be a bit mad if it is lol. Good luck!!
Old 10-15-2019, 01:00 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Exclamation

Got any corn?

Name:  0038.gif
Views: 1232
Size:  39.8 KB

I like the one that has the operator standing on it, and it's 37.5 CM long. (yeah right)
Old 10-15-2019, 01:36 PM
Tanque

I believe Crius and I both assumed it was bogus; the only unknown was how bogus. Complete sham. partial sham or something entirely different.
That weight declaration caught my eye immediately, very few models in this arena weigh less than 3 pounds...unless it's one of those cardboard
things..

Do I believe that I'm getting a all aluminum model strong enough for me to stand on? Hardly. (I don't even stand on my 1/10 scale models now!)

Whatever it is I'll expose it here, even if it's a box full of styro peanuts...if it's a pantiger perhaps just pieces...

Ordering one of these is the equivalent to my parrots' curiosity with empty boxes or dark spaces between things or my dogs' desire to crawl under things:
they suspect bad things could happen but they'll do it anyway.

Jerry
Old 10-15-2019, 02:39 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Well I can't wait to see how it goes. Thanks for this entertaining thread.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:03 PM
Tanque

Originally Posted by Pah co chu puk
Well I can't wait to see how it goes. Thanks for this entertaining thread.
Happy to oblige. I'm usually the author of boring uninteresting threads so I decided it was time to mix it up a little.

Perhaps next I'll get that tattoo I've been thinking of..... or convert a gas tank to electric.......or better yet the other way around...

Jerry
Old 10-16-2019, 03:44 AM
Crius

I only ordered one so that Jerry wouldn't be lonely. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:47 AM
Tanque

I only ordered one so that Jerry wouldn't be lonely. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Awwwwwwwww...
Old 10-16-2019, 05:59 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Dang I kinda wanna get one too now... I didn't mean to sound rude there, I apologize if I did. I just found it funny at all the mistakes. Could you image if someone was selling all metal tanks for $60? I still wanna bet it will be one of the tiny ones but I wouldn't be surprised if it was something totally different either. The last time I ordered some replacement speakers for my gf's car I got a set of security lights....
Old 10-16-2019, 06:12 AM
Crius

Seriously, though, like I said before, the only reason I did this is because I know I can't lose. The credit card I used has no interest until next summer so I'm using the credit card companies money and I'm also protected by PayPal so if anything goes wrong I know I'll get my money back. I've only ever made one PayPal claim before this so it shouldn't be a problem if I have to make a claim for 60 bucks. Like I said, if I do have to get a refund it will just go back to the credit card and I haven't paid that part of the bill anyway so I'm not losing anything. Besides, it's been a lot of fun.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.